In 1550, a chapel was built there. In 1611, a wooden church was built by Baltramiejus Berdovskis, the landlord of the former manor in Raudėnai. In 1738, a new church was built at the expense of prelate preposit Aleksandras Gorainis and the parishioners which was consecrated in 1768. At the end of the 18th century, Jurgis Ambraziejus Pabrėža was the dean of the parish. In 1881, a new current church was constructed thanks to priest Antanas Stankevičius and the parishioners. In total, six altars were installed in the church. The church of St.Bartholomew was consecrated by bishop Antanas Baranauskas in 1896. Within a period from 1916 to 1933, a famous cultural operator canon Kazimieras Pakalniškis (Uncle Atanazas) was the dean of the church of St.Bartholomew, his remains rest in the Raudėnai cemetery.