Back in 1616, the church was built at the expense of Jeronimas Valavičius who managed Šiauliai economy at that time. In 1637, the church was consecrated in the name of Apostles Andrew, John, both Jacobs, Bartholomew and Barnabas by Samogitian bishop Jurgis Tiškevičius. The church was wooden and perfectly built. In 1759, a new wooden church was built at the expense of Mykolas Kazimieras Radvila Žuvelė who managed Šiauliai economy at that time. On 21 July 1896, having obtained a permit from the Tsarist authorities, construction of a huge stone Neo-Gothic temple was started under supervision of priest Lionginas Rekštys. Its foundation was consecrated by Samogitian bishop suffragan Antanas Baranauskas. The Mass was started to hold in 1901. A stone fence with chapels of the Stations of the Cross was finished in 1909 and a chapel with the tin roof was built in the corner of the churchyard in 1911. The feast day of Saint Roch has remained the main festival of the parish since the 18th century.
On 22 August 1920, the church was consecrated in the name of Holy Trinity by Samogitian bishop Pranciškus Karevičius.